Who doesn't love a bowl of salty/sweet and crunchy granola? Its pretty much a perfect blend of morning happiness filled with crunchy oats, Sweet dates and perfectly roasted seeds and nuts. Granola is delicious on its own but can be used in so many ways such as served with plant-based milk for a simple breakfast cereal, Used as a topping for plant-based yogurt, oatmeal or even as a crunchy and delicious layer to a homemade parfait!
My goal these days is to find healthy, easy and delicious meals that I can quickly throw together before work. Sometimes we lose track of whats important in our day to day lives, but our overall health and nutrition should never come second to anything, even on the most hectic of work days!
Make a big batch of this granola and keep it in the fridge to always have a simple and delicious breakfast ready to go, or even a healthy snack to bring along for those morning crunch cravings at work!
1/4 cup. Maple syrup
1/4 Cup. Coconut oil
1/4 Cup Pumpkin puree
1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Cup. Chopped Medjool Dates
1/2 Cup shelled Pumpkin seeds
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add the oats, Medjool dates, Pumpkin seeds and a pinch of salt, set aside.
- In a small pot whisk together the Maple syrup, coconut oil, Pumpkin puree and Pumpkin pie spices until completely melted and well combined. Transfer the pumpkin spice mix into the bowl of dry ingredients and toss everything together until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes, Stir the granola every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Let the granola cool completely before transferring into a Glass jar. It can be stored at room temperature for a week or in the fridge for two weeks.